Monday 26 October 2015

Skincare Sunday: My Skincare Routine!

It's so important to look after your skin, and it's never too early to start! I'm in my 20's as you guys know and I'm religious with my skin care every single night!

I'm going to share with you my skincare routine and I also found a helpful video which I will share at the end :-) 

For those of you that don't already know, my skin type is pretty much a little bit of everything. I have dry and oily and normal skin, I'm prone to the odd breakout too so for each product I mention I'll let you know what it's good for ;-) 

Step 1: Cleansing / Removing Makeup
The very first thing I do is cleanse my skin. I do this whether I'm wearing makeup or not! I do this step twice, in the morning and before I go to bed at night. 
I use the Hydrating Cream Cleanser from the Primark skincare range and it smells sooo good! 


I take a small amount of product on a cotton round and work it into my skin in circular motions. 

Or, if I have a full cake face of makeup going on then I like to take my trusty coconut oil and massage it into my skin to break down the makeup :-) 

I have a post all about the uses of coconut oil that you can check out here, and another post about removing makeup with coconut oil here :-) 



Step 2: Washing
I then go and wash my face using my Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser and my W7 facial brush which I'm actually testing out for your guys at the minute, so expect an upcoming blog post on that little guy ;-)  

I do this every morning, but I only use the face wash in the evenings and not the brush as using a facial brush too much can be quite harsh on your skin. 


I wet the brush and add a pump of the face wash and allow the brush to work its magic for 20 seconds on each cheek (where I have the most pores) and 10 seconds each on the forehead, nose and chin. 


The Biore face wash is really good at cleaning the pores and I find that coupling it with the facial brush means it gets even deeper into my skin :-) 

After I wash my face I pat it dry with a clean towel and move on to my creams or a face mask.

Step 3: Face Masks
I use face masks 3 times a week. I would do this after I wash my face and before I put any creams on!

When my skin is really dry I like to use honey as a mask as it really helps to hydrate the skin. I also use it on breakouts because it literally kills the breakout in just a few hours! 


I also did a blog post on using honey as a mask and some of the benefits, which you can read here :-) 


If my skin is looking ok, or needs a good exfoliating, I like to use the Mask of Magnaminty by Lush as its so nice on the skin, it hydrates and soothes breakouts as well as having serious exfoliation power with all the seeds in the product. For my review of this mask, click here :-)



For really bad breakouts I like to use Lush's Cupcake Mask as it helps to bring all the nasties to the surface of the skin, so I wouldn't recommend using it if you have a big event coming up as its one of those products that makes your skin worse before it gets better.. But when it does get better it's like you have perfectly smooth skin :-) 
I also have a review of this mask which you can read here ;-)



After I rinse my mask off with luke warm water and pat my face dry with a clean towel I then move onto the creams :-) 

Step 4: Treatments
So whether I've just washed my face or just used a face mask, I then like to go in with a treatment cream. 

You can use serums at this point as well, and you can get lots of different ones for different skin problems but whenever I have a breakout I like to go in with a spot treatment like the Clearasil Anti Blemish Treatment Cream. I find this really calms my breakouts and they disappear overnight! 



Step 5: Eye Cream
I use the Primark eye cream by gently tapping a small amount around my eye areas. Don't drag or rub eye creams in as this can apparently lead to future eye wrinkles, and no thanks! We don't want that ;-) 


Tapping the cream in is actually so relaxing and the coolness of the product can help to reduce puffiness in the eye area, bonus :-) 

Step 6: Moisturiser
I also pat my moisturiser in with my fingers, I use the Garnier Moisture Nourish at night because it's richer and thicker and helps to seriously hydrate my skin over night. 
As you can tell by the picture below, it's pretty beat! I'll have to get a new one soon ;-) 



I use the Garnier Moisture Soft during the day as it's much lighter and not as greasy. However, it is still very hydrating! 




And now my skin is feeling super clean, soft and supple, and I'm ready to take on the world ;-) 

If you are going to take on the world though, I would recommend using products with SPF in them, or just a regular sun cream to protect you from the suns harmful rays!! 

I found this video online that just quickly mentions some of the steps I've talked about. It's by the Skincare brand Rodial, which also own the company Nip & Fab, and I am all about the Nip & Fab life ;-)


If you guys would like me to review the Nip & Fab products that I own simply leave me a comment down below and I would be more than happy to comply ;-) 

Hope you guys enjoyed this weeks edition of Skincare Sunday! Let me know what your holy grail skin care products are in the comments below :-) 

As always, you can find me on Instagram and Twitter @loraforever3 :-) I also started a new YouTube channel and just uploaded my first video if you'd like to check that out I will leave the link below :-)

Love & Hugs, Lora xo 


My first YouTube video --> 


You can check out my review of the Primark Skin Care Range here! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment