Sunday 5 April 2015

£1 Me Now Matte Liquid Lipstick Review

These lippies are £1 on eBay, with free shipping! Lots of sellers are selling these lippies all over eBay so if you want to check them out just search 'Me Now Matte Liquid Lipstick'. 


I only got one of these colours, it was number 18 from the seller welo-lee. 
The reason I got this colour is because I was told that it was a dupe for Lime Crime's Cashmere! 
Another thing to note is that I live in Ireland and it took 2 whole months for it to get to me. 


On closer inspection and some help from my Instagram girls, we have found that it looks more like a combination of Cashmere along with Kat Von D's Lolita. What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments below :-) 

ANYWAYS! 
Here is my review ;-) 

Packaging 
The packaging is too cute! It's like a little test tube bottle so it doesn't stand up straight. 


Application 
The applicator is doe foot, but unlike other liquid lipsticks, there isn't an excessive amount of product on it. The perfect amount comes out on the applicator :-) 



Also, the product takes about a minute to dry so you do have a good amount of time to play around with it and fix it up.
Once it's dry it's still quite tacky, but not sticky if that makes any sense at all.. Like even when my lips stuck together and I pulled them apart the lipstick application stays perfect!
So, to combat the tackyness I like to pat some translucent powder onto my lips using a brush. No lipstick comes off onto your brush so don't worry about that ;-) 
The powder gets rid of all stickiness and the product actually never feels like it's drying out my lips. It does alter the colour slightly as you can see from the picture below.
 


Longevity 
No joke, these last aaaaaall day, all day! Although through eating and drinking it only started to fade in the centre of my lips. I havnt worn this lippy for longer than 6 hours but come on, 6 hours is a long ass time for a lipstick to stay on for! :-)

Removal 
These are suuuuper hard to get off! I tried water and a cleanser and nothing budged!!! I had to use coconut oil and a loooot of rubbing to get this bad boy off my lips 😂 

Overall I actually prefer this lippy to my ABH Pure Hollywood both because of the colour and the longevity! The colour of this one just suits my complexion more and it also just lasts so much longer, and it's so much cheaper!! Can't go wrong  with that in my eyes girlies :-) 

As always you can leave a comment below or connect with me on Instagram or Twitter via @loraforever3 :-) 

Love & Hugs, 
Lora xo

4 comments:

  1. Wow cannot believe it was that hard to remove! Must say sounds pretty awesome!

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really sticks on there! It is pretty awesome for an absolute bargain :) xo

      Delete
  2. I got this color and a barbie pink one, I loved the colors but I did find them quite sticky, I must try the dab of powder xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mad to try more but the delivery wait kills me 😂 definitely try the powder, it makes it much better :) xo

      Delete