Thursday 14 January 2016

Tanning Thursday: Rimmel Sun Shimmer Self Tan Mousse

As promised, here is the first instalment of Tanning Thursday!
This tan is the Rimmel Sun Shimmer Self Tan Mousse in Dark Matte, and is €6.50 in Penneys! 


If you missed my post on how I prep my skin for tan the you can read it a few posts back :-)

Application
It applies nice and smooth and even in colour. It's quite a natural looking golden tan. It's a mousse consistency and it has instant colour so you can see exactly where you're putting it :-)

Day 1
This is what it looked like when I first applied it versus my natural pale self....

It's quite light when first applied, but still very natural and healthy looking.


Day 2
This is what it looked like the next morning...

It definitely darkened up over night but it's nothing too crazy. I like it a lot ;-) it's still quite natural looking, it's not an orangey shade so I really like how it darkened up. 

So if your planning on wearing this tan on a night out then definitely put it on the night before for the best results :-) 


Day 3
This is it after the first shower.... 

It's back to a more lighter natural looking shade, not as light as the first application but still a gorgeous sun kissed shade all the same!


Day 4
By shower 2 it stayed the same shade everywhere on my body except my chest and legs, for some reason my chest and legs are so bad at holding a tan... Does anyone else have this problem? No? Just me? Ok :-P 

It's lightening up super evenly all over as well, which is always a plus :-P 

It looks so nice on my arms and hands though, so natural looking! It has faded super evenly on my arms and hands thus far ;-) 

Day 5
It's faded quite evenly on the majority of my body, everywhere minus the ankles to be exact :-P it's faded to a tiny hint of a colour all over now. 

Day 6
This tan claims to last 7 days and yeah, there is still tan on me at this point but it's such a slight hint of colour that I wouldn't exactly be saying its a tan :-P 

Day 7
Scrubbing time! I used my Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub in the shower to scrub the last of the tan away. I was left with some pesky patches on my ankles but apart from that the tan scrubbed away nicely :-) 

Aaaaand I'm back to my pasty self again :-P


Would I recommend?
After each shower it faded more and more so I'd say it lasted about 3 showers before it really started to disappear. 

It faded quite evenly. You definitely want to give your knees and elbows an extra scrub in the shower though so that they don't show up darker! 

I would definitely recommend this tan for someone who wants their colour to last them a couple of days. Since its not an instant tan it's definitely not great for a last minute colour but if you're applying the night before then you're good to go :-)


So guys I hope you enjoyed this tan review! Let me know if there are any self tanners out there that you would like me to try out and review for you guys :-) 
Also, let me know what your holy grail tan is in the comments below :-) 

Love & Hugs, Lora xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment