Wednesday 18 March 2015

Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan Review

I've heard many great things about Cocoa Brown tan so when I saw it in Penneys / Primark I said I'd give it a go! This tan is so ridiculously affordable too, can't go wrong with that! :-) 

The Bottle. 
So this is the bottle itself, I mean how cute is this? 
I got the new dark shade in the 1 hour tan. 



The Product.
The product itself comes out as a grey / brown looking mousse. As it is a mousse you will need to give it a good shake before you start tanning ;-) 
This tan also contains no parabens and is gentle on sensitive skin, according to the bottle :-) 



The Application. 
I also use the Cocoa Brown tanning mitt to apply this tan as I don't want to get the tan under my nails, or end up with extremely tan hands :-P you could also use a cotton sock over your hand to apply the tan, it does essentially the same job :-) 

As long as you apply the mousse evenly you shouldn't have any problems with streaks or uneven patches. A tip to avoid streaks or dry patches is to exfoliate in the shower before applying any tan :-) 


The Development.
This tan takes around an hour to fully develop on my skin, Mine got a little darker than pictured below but nothing too extreme, I LOVE it!!! 

It does say on the bottle that you should wait up to 3 hours for the most intense result, then rinse off in the shower with just water.
I find that if I rinse the tan off after 3 hours of developing time then my colour fades too much and I end up looking too pale for my liking, so I usually leave the tan on over night and rinse off the next morning for a perfect bronzed look :-) 

The left is without tan, and the right is just after applying one coat of Cocoa Brown :-) 
HUGE difference!! 

The Longevity. 
The tan itself lasts for 1 or 2 showers afterwards. It comes off pretty easily when you scrub it off in the shower :-) 
I also have about a quarter of the bottle left and have done 5 full body applications so far, so this bottle has lasted me a good while!  


Hope you guys enjoyed this review, I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for an instant tan for an affordable price :-) 

Love & Hugs, Lora xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment