Monday 12 October 2015

Makeup Monday Halloween Edition: Mermaid Goddess

Who doesn't love mermaids? This tutorial is super simple and easy to do :-) 
I used the Urban Decay Electric Palette for this look but you can use whatever colours you have :-) 

Here is the finished look...

And a close up...


Step 1 - All Over Shadow 
I took a shimmery teal green shade and applied it all over the lid. 


Step 2 - Inner Corner
I added a lighter shimmer green colour to the inner corner of the eye. 


Step 3 - Outer Corner
Then I placed a deep blue shade on the outer corner of the eye.
Pat each of the colours on top of each other to blend them into each other. You may have to go back and add in the colours again to keep the intensity :-)


Step 4 - Crease Colour 
I put a deep purple shade into the crease and blended it out with a clean fluffy brush. 
Then you can go ahead and add the teal green colour to just below the bottom water line. Blend in the purple colour with this green on the outer corner of the eye so that it all blends seamlessly :-) 


Step 5 - Blend That Crease!
If you need help to blend out the purple shade in the crease then you can add a lighter purple or pink shade to the crease to further blend it out :-) 


Step 6 - Lashes
If you want to you can add false lashes, or simple apply mascara to your own lashes :-) you can add liquid liner too, but I didn't feel the need to as the look was so intense :-) 


Step 7 - Brows
Fill in your brows as normal but if you want to get extra funky then you can colour them a different colour like I did :-P I also have a red wig so I thought I would match my brows to my wig and go all Ariel on the situation ;-) 


Step 8 - The Scales
Moving on to the scales, you can use any sort of fishnet pattern as a stencil for your scales. I used a bag that oranges came in because why not :-P 

I placed the net over my forehead and held it in place with a hair band. Your also going to want to hold it tightly in place with your hands too so that it doesn't move around while your making your pattern :-) 

To add the colour, I took a flat top brush and dabbed on different colours to different areas of my forehead. I also added a shimmery silver colour over top the pattern to give it a more metallic look ;-)


This is what it should look like when you remove the net :-) 
You can add whatever colours you want and in whatever pattern you want!


Step 9 - Scale Contour
I also decided to add scales to my cheek bones to act as a kind of contour! I used the same colour scheme as I did on my forehead :-) 


Step 10 - Lipstick!
You can choose whatever colour you want, you can go crazy with this and do blue or green, but since I don't have any funky shades I decided to stick with purple :-P 



Aaaand your done!
Hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial, let me know what you think in the comments below. 
Also, if you recreate this look I'd love to see! You can tag me on Instagram (@loraforever3) or on Twittter (@loraforever)

Love & Hugs, Lora xo 



4 comments:

  1. This look is great and it looks great on you!

    Beka. xo
    littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beka, that means a lot :-) xo

      Delete
  2. wow,fab look,really enjoyed this read x

    ReplyDelete