Monday 16 February 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick Swatch & Review - Pure Hollywood & Vintage

These liquid lipsticks retail at $20 on the Anastasia Beverly Hills website. 
They claim to be long lasting as they dry from a liquid to a matte. So I decided to test that out for you guys and see how long they really do last ;-)



The colours I got were Pure Hollywood which is a nude, and Vintage which is a purple colour. 



I am sooooooo in love with both of these colours on ❤️ 
This is Vintage, a dark deep plummy purple...


And this is Pure Hollywood, a pinky peachy nude...


Also be aware that these were both applied to my naked lip with no liner or anything else used with it, the colours may vary on others depending on skin tones and lip pigmentation ;-) 

Here is a hand swatch in natural light while the colours were still wet...



This is them dry in natural light...



Packaging:
The packaging is hard plastic but it looks very sleek with the silver and gold details. I personally don't like the look of the silver and gold together but hey, what really matters is on the inside ;-)



Application: 
The consistency is so creamy and easy to apply. It can be hard to fix mistakes with Vintage as the colour is so rich and pigmented but the product stays wet on your lips long enough for you to fix any mistakes before it dries completely. 

It took approximately one minute to turn completely matte.
After this, I waited another couple of minutes for the formula to dry completely, so that there was no transfer of colour off of my lips.
The applicator is a typical doe foot applicator which looks like this...




Colour payoff: 
Both of these colours are sooo pigmented, one swipe gives full colour payoff and I never needed to re dip the applicator to get more product as I was applying. 



Longevity:
These lipsticks don't necessarily dry out your lips but they do feel quite drying. The formula also settles into any lines that you may have on your lips and really accentuates fine lines that you wouldn't normally see with normal non matte lipsticks, but this is to be expected from any matte lipstick :-)

Even when the lipstick is completely dry and matte it still has a slight sticky feeling when you push your lips together, but the color never peels off or transfers throughout the day! :-) 

I had this lipstick on for 4 hours before it started to wear off in the centre of my lips. 
The colour didn't budge when I was eating smaller things and drinking with a straw but after I had lunch, I licked my lips and rubbed them together and the colour started to wear off of the centre of my bottom lip and looked like this... 


These colours stay on the lips all day if you are really careful with them and don't get them too wet or rub them too much.. But who the hell does that :-P 4 hours wear before reapplying is good enough for me :-) 


Removing:
To take this off I used coconut oil, rubbing it over my lips until the majority of the product was off. Vintage did leave a slight pink stain on my lips but Pure Hollywood left no traces behind!


Overall I am really impressed with these liquid lipsticks and really feel that they are living up to the hype, even though they don't last all day :-) 



Hope you guys enjoyed this review, as always you can leave a comment below with any questions you may have :)

Love & Hugs, Lora xo

2 comments:

  1. These look great! I didn't know she made things besides brow products :)

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG
    Twitter
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, she recently brought out cream contour kits too so she's definitely expanding ;-) xx

      Delete