Sunday 2 August 2015

Beach Bag Essentials!

As some of you may already know, I've been on my holidays for the last two weeks :-) So I thought that some summer holiday themed posts would be quite fitting ;-) 
If any of you guys have holidays coming up or any road trips or beach days then keep reading for my beach bag essentials :-) 


Obviously first things first (I'm the realist...;-) ) your gonna need a beach bag! Make sure it's easy to carry, is big enough for all your things, has zips so your things are safe and secure, but also make sure that the material of the bag is suitable for the beach; will it be easy to wipe sand off it? Will wet items inside the bag soak through the material?

Keep these things in mind when shopping for a beach bag so that you chose a bag that is suitable as well as stylish ;-)
The one I chose is a leather-look bag pack from penneys that cost €10. It has zips on the inside and the outside and sand wipes straight off the leather-look exterior. 


1⃣ A Towel & Cute Swimwear
I got a new towel this year from Penneys for €8 that is super cool and ombré ;-) It says "Rules Are Made To Be Broken" and it is so soft! 
You might want to think about having 2 towels if you will be getting into the sea- one to sun bathe and sit on and another to dry off with.

Swimwear is an obvious one whether your swimming or just sun bathing :-) I got this pair from Penneys in the underwear section but I used it as a bikini to sunbathe in because it's too cute not to! So sshh guys don't tell anyone my secret 😉😋 


2⃣ Sunglasses
Sunnies are a must to protect your eyes from the sun, and Penneys have some really cheap stylish ones in it at the moment! I got these for €1.50 and I wear them all the time! 


3⃣ IPod & Protective Cases
Bring your iPod and headphones for some tunes while your sunning yourself ;-) (make sure it's charged up :-P) But it's also worth investing in a protective case for your iPod as well as your phone. I got a clear protective case for my iPod on eBay for €2! And my phone case is from Penneys, it completely covers my phone from all the sand and it also has a space for money and cards so that's an added bonus ;-) 

My phone case...


4⃣ A Book (and a drink ;-) )
Even if your not into reading, it's always nice to chill with a book on the beach while your sipping on a cute drink like this one I got in Penneys for €2 :-) Stay hydrated you guys ;-) 

Cutest sippy cup!!!


5⃣ SPF
Whether you call it sun screen or sun block, it is vital that you bring it!!! It's is so important to protect your skin against the Suns harmful UV rays. And keep reapplying that shish every few hours, even if it's water resistant! 

But as well as protecting your skin you need to protect your lips! Burning your lips is not pretty, trust me! Invest in a lip balm with SPF in it and keep applying it to keep your lips moisturised and healthy :-) 
This is the lip balm I brought with me, it doesn't have SPF but it keeps my lips soft and hydrated :-) 

It's also worth mentioning that you shouldn't apply hair oils like Argan and Coconut oil into your hair before you head out into the sun as your hair can literally cook and it will be like your walking around with your GHD hair straightener stuck to your hair- hair damage that is so unnecessary!! 


6⃣ Deo for the B.O!
I like to bring a small roll on Deodrant for top ups during the day if needed. I also bring a body spray like this Pink one from Tesco that is only 69cent guys like for real, and it smells so floral and gorge!


Hope you guys enjoyed this post, let me know what your Beach Bag Essentials are in the comments below, and also let me know if your heading on any holidays this year :-) 

Love & Hugs, Lora xo 






4 comments:

  1. That looks like a really nice beach bag and such a cute bathing suit.

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is gorgeous! and omg that little cup looks amazing! Where did you get it? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I got it in Penneys/Primark :-) Such a bargain :-) xo

      Delete