Saturday 2 January 2016

Top 15 Beauty Products of 2015

This past year I have really gotten into a lot more makeup, I've been quite adventurous and tried and tested a lot of different products and not just stuck to my same old faithfuls! 

I found a lot of new holy grail beauty products in 2015, both high end and drugstore, but I also found that sometimes your old faithful products just can't be beaten :-) 


Here are my top 15 beauty products of the year 2015 :-) These are all my absolute faves so I put them in order of the way I would use them!

1- Benefit Foamingly Clean Cleanser
This is pretty new to my collection but I literally can't imagine what I would do without it! It's amazing at removing every last trace of makeup from the skin and it leaves the face literally squeaky clean! 


2- Penneys Facial Brush
If you've been following my blog this year then this one will come as no surprise. It's cheap as chips and does the job! It's a much cheaper alternative to the Clarisonic facial brushes that everyone raves about! 

I prefer this one because you can go as hard or as soft on certain areas of the face as you want to. I love it for exfoliating really dry patchy skin! 


3- Benefit Total Moisture
This is a super rich moisturising face cream that works wonders for dry skin! I'll have a blog post up soon reviewing the whole Benefit Be Bright Skincare starter kit! So keep an eye out for that one :-P


4- Beauty Bay Beauty Blender
Another old faithful of mine. Everyone got one of these for Christmas off me this year #sorrynotsorry :-P it's a dupe for the original Beauty Blender but this one is only a fiver! I tried the Real Techniques sponge but it just isn't the same! 


5- Loreal Resurfacing Primer
If you have large pores or deep acne scars then this primer is perfect for you! It's silicone based so it really does fill in all the little nooks and crannies of your face! 

I have super big pores and I've tried things like the Benefit Porefessional, the Loreal Blur Cream, the Maybelline Baby Skin, and the Too Faced Primed and Poreless, but this one is the best I've found at filling it all the nasties and making my skin look airbrushed! 


6- Urban Decay Naked Skin 
Foundation
My all time favourite foundation for my oily/dry/dehydrated/total combination skin. It has a nice satin finish to it that can be made matte with a powder. It lasts all day on the skin, it doesn't transfer easily and the best part, it doesn't break up on my oily parts or cling to my dry patches! 

I have officially found my holy grail foundation. It only took several years and a while graveyard of high end and drugstore foundations....:-P


7- Penneys Angled Brush
Penneys have a few makeup brushes but the angled contour brush is definitely my favourite. I've used it to contour with all year and the rose gold handle makes it even better :-P So it's super pretty and super affordable. Can't go wrong there ;-) 



8- Sleek Face Form in Light
This is a trio palette that contains a matte contour shade, a super highlighty highlight, and a shimmery coral blush. I'm not a blush girl at all but the contour and highlight shades are my life! 

The contour shade is quite warm so it's not the perfect contour shade but I like it to deepen up my contour and add some warmth to my face. The highlight shade is super intense and it has quickly become my all time favourite highlight this year! 


9- Penneys Translucent Powder
I used to be a big fan of the Rimmel Stay All Day face powder but this one is exactly the same but half the price! The packaging is much sturdier though, which is great for clumsy people like myself :-P


10- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
You've heard me rave about this is my brow tutorial a couple of posts back, you can check it out here :-) 
It's been my go to brow product for the last few months. You can use this product to create natural looking brows or some seriously filled in glam brows! 


11- Zoeva Eye Brushes
I've only had these for 2 months now but they are the only brushes I use for my eye makeup now! The set comes with these 3 eye brushes that are just perfect for any eye look. You get a pencil brush, a small fluffy brush, and a larger fluffy brush that I use to blend everything out :-) 


12- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Again, a recent addition to my collection but I am just so in love! I'm a big fan of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes so I didn't think I needed this one as it has a lot of similar neutrals in it. 

I was so wrong! 

The shadows are so creamy and buttery and they are so easy to blend. They aren't as crazily pigmented as the Urban Decay shadows so I find them easier to use as I can just add more colour and blend it away easily :-) 

The colour range you get in this palette is perfect for any occasion, you can do neutral eye looks as well as smokey looks and pops of colour! It's the perfect all rounder :-) 


13- Essence Get Big Lashes Mascara
This is one of my old faithfuls. I've been using this mascara for 5 years now. I have tried many others over the years but they just don't cut it. 

This one is super cheap and I find that the waterproof version really helps to keep a curl in my lashes (I have literal dead straight lashes) None of the high end ones can compare in my opinion. 


14- Penneys Lip Liner
This lip liner is €1.50 and it's so creamy and pigmented! My favourite one is a brown mauve shade, I often wear it all over the lip on its own, it has really good lasting power!


15- Mac Velvet Teddy Lipstick
If you follow me on Instagram you probably know already that this lipstick took over my life for the whole of Autumn/Winter! It's the perfect brown nude shade, and the formula is so moisturising and long lasting! 



So these have been my top beauty products for the year of 2015. Let me know in the comments below what your top products have been this year :-)


I hope you all had a fantastic New Years celebration and I wish you all the best for 2016. Let's make this year OUR YEAR! 

Love & Hugs, Lora xo 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Urban Decay's Naked Skin! I have combination skin as well and it is just fabulous for it! I was so happy this year when I found it!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! It's definitely a holy grail now! Thanks for your lovely comment Shannon :-) xo

      Delete
  2. Love the sleek palette the highlighter is to die for !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely the most intense highlight I own, love it :-) Thanks for stopping by Lola :-) xo

      Delete