Sunday 10 January 2016

Skincare Sunday: Tanning Prep!

If you're as into fake tan as me then you'll know the struggles of getting a perfect even tan, with no streaks! For the next couple of Thursday's I'll be doing a 'Tanning Thursday' where I'll be testing out various tans and reviewing them for you right here ;-) 
So I thought it would be appropriate to kick that off with a tanning preparation post!!

Here are the steps I take to ensure the perfect tan every time :-) 

1️⃣ Shave the night before 
If you're prone to getting ugly tan dots in your pores on your legs then it's because you're tanning too soon after shaving. 
Try to shave the night before you tan, it will help with the nasty dots :-P 

If your legs gets prickly after one night and this is totally not an option for you then try applying the tan in downwards strokes to minimise to look of tanned pores!


2️⃣ Exfoliate
It's really important to exfoliate the skin if you want a perfect application. This will also help to remove the last of your old fake tan as well as removing any dry skin and helping with ingrown hairs!

I use the Breakfast Scrub from Soap & Glory, I find it so good at leaving my skin super soft!


3️⃣ Use a makeup brush
What? A makeup brush? Yes. Use a buffing brush with a small amount of moisturiser as well as your tan to apply to dry areas like elbows, knees, ankles and knuckles! Trust me it works :-)

That way you won't have darker patches on those pesky dry areas! 


4️⃣ Tanning mitt 
Use a tanning mitt to apply the tan to the rest of your body. Apply the tan to the mitt and then rub it in circular motions over the body to ensure that you get a smooth even coverage :-) 

Also, wash your mitt after each application and when it gets really dirty you definitely need to invest in a new one!
I use the Imagination ones from Primark that are only €2 :-) 


5️⃣ Moisturise
Depending on what tan your using, sometimes moisturising can help to prolong the tan, like the Coco Brown and the St. Moriz! 

It is also important to keep your skin moisturised between tanning sessions so that your skin is as smooth as it can be :-) 

Don't apply moisturiser just before you tan though because some tans react to the moisturiser and don't apply evenly! 

I tend to use body butter after every shower, I use the Body Shop Argan oil body butter :-) 



So guys I hope you find this helpful and definitely try it out for yourselves if your having trouble with tanning! 
Let me know what your tanning prep tips are in the comments below :-) 

Stay tuned for Tanning Thursday where I will be reviewing the first tan for you guys ;-) 

Love & Hugs, Lora xo


No comments:

Post a Comment