Sunday 24 January 2016

Skincare Sunday: Garnier Micellar Water

So the world has gone Micellar mad, but is it really worth the hype? I put it to the test this month so that I could give you all a good old review :-) 


I got this mini size in boots for under €3, they also have them in Penneys for nice and cheap too :-) 

There are loads of different types of Micellar waters on the market these days, I've tried the Boots Botanics range one and I wasn't too impressed with that one so I wasn't expecting much from the Garnier Micellar Water :-P 

The Product
So it looks like water, and has zero scent at all, but if you shake it up it does bubble up a little :-) 


The main ingredient is water, but it also as a few chemicals in it like Hexylene Glycol and Glycerin.
It does say it works on sensitive skin also so if you have sensitive skin it's worth giving it a shot!


Application
It also feels like water on the face which is the strange part! I use a cotton round to apply it to my face and the really best part is that it doesn't sting or irritate my sensitive eyes! 


Makeup Removal
It actually works guys... Like it really really works! It had no trouble getting my waterproof mascara off and my double layer of foundations and powders! 

It's quick and it doesn't require a lot of rubbing which is great for your skin! 

The only thing that I found this struggles to remove is my Inglot gel eyeliner and Benefit's They're Real eyeliner, it does take a bit of rubbing to get it off but it does eventually remove it! 

The Aftermath
It feels lovely on the skin, not drying or irritating at all. I would still recommend to follow up with your regular moisturisers though. 

Would I Recommend?
I would definitely recommend this to my guys and gals that are looking for a quick and simple way to remove your makeup. Since its gentle on the skin it's perfect for people with sensitive skin!

This Garnier Micellar Water also comes in a bottle with a green band for oily skin but I have combination/everything skin and it works just fine for me :-) 


Hope you guys enjoyed this little insight into the ever trending Garnier Micellar Water, if you would like me to try out and review any other skincare products then let me know in the comments below, I'd be happy to oblige! :-)

Love & Hugs, Lora xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment