Wednesday 13 January 2016

Gimme Brow Dupe?

I've recently fallen in love with the Benefit's Gimme brow. It's a coloured brow gel that contains tiny little fibres that help to thicken your brows!



It has a really teeny tiny brush that's the perfect size for your brows. I love it for a more natural every day brow look, or you can also add it over top your usual brow routine to set them in place while adding a little something something ;-) 

BUT. And that's a big but :-P it costs €20 at my local Debenhams counter and that's not a bad price right? HOWEVER, (and that's a big however :-P) why spend €20 when you can spend €3 on virtually the same product? 

I was checking out the Essence stand in Penneys when I noticed a little product called 'Make Me Brow' ....pretty lame name but come on, tell me it's not a total dupe? I mean look at the packaging side by side, it's a dupe I tell you :-P 



So I decided to purchase this bad boy and test it out to see if it is a true dupe. 

I have the medium/dark shade in the Benefit Gimme Brow so I went for the dark shade in the Essence Make Me Brow. Both of these products only come in 2 shades; a light and a dark! 

The Brushes
Here are the brushes side by side....

 
Pretty similar if you ask me. The Essence Make Me Brow brush is just a tiny bit longer, but still small enough for a little brow area :-)  

The Product
So let's check out the actual product. Here is a swatch of both side by side....

     L: Make Me Brow. R: Gimme Brow

The consistency is pretty similar, although the Benefit Gimme Brow feels a little bit more liquidy. 

It's also worth mentioning that the Benefit Gimme Brow has 0.1oz of product whereas the Essence Make Me Brow has 0.12oz! 

The Colour 
The Essence Make Me Brow is also notably darker in colour, it looks quite black in comparison. My brows are pretty dark though so keep that in mind also :-P 

The Test
Here is a picture of the Essence Make Me Brow on my left brow....


And here is the Benefit Gimme Brow on my right brow...

They are literally identical on the brows! I also put these to the test to see how they wear throughout the day. 

Here they are after 8 hours of wear....


The Make Me Brow lasted well on the brows, they stayed in place, the only thing I found is that I did smudge it a little at some point in my day from touching it :-P But I mean, it still looks good right!? :-) 


The Gimme Brow held up just that little bit better, with no smudging but I put that one down to user error :-P

As you can see they both lasted pretty well all day if I do say so myself :-P


The Final Verdict!
I definitely think this is a true dupe for the Gimme Brow, and if your tight on the cash at the minute then it's definitely worth giving it a go! 

I actually slightly prefer the Make Me Brow purely for the application alone, since it's less watery and more of a thicker gel consistency it's much easier to get a precise brow application. I tend to mess up under my brow a little when I use the Gimme Brow! 


Have you guys tried either of these products? Let me know what your holy grail brow products are in the comments below :-)


Hope you guys enjoyed this little dupe. If you would like more posts like this then definitely let me know, I'd be happy to oblige ;-) 

Love & Hugs, Lora xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment