Wednesday 24 February 2016

Lipstick Dupes! High End -V- EBay

I'm sure you have all heard about EBay dupes for high end makeup by now! But I recently discovered this brand of lipstick on eBay called 'Me Now Kiss Proof Long Lasting Soft Lipstick' ...a mouthful indeed, but I purchased quite a few of these only to discover that they are some of the best dupes that I have found for my high end lipsticks!


And to sweeten the deal even more, I also realised that they are WAAAAY more long lasting then their high end duplicates... 
Here's a pic to back up my wild statement....
As you can see, all the high end lipsticks on the left have disappeared after a few wipes with a makeup wipe, but the cheapies are still going strong!

Anyways, here's the dupes you're all here for, suppose I should get into that... :-P

1️⃣ Gerard Cosmetics 1995
Here are the lippies side by side.

And the swatches!

As you can see these are not an exact match, 1995 is more red toned while the Kiss Proof is more brown/orange. Still very close in my opinion! They are very similar on the lips. 

2️⃣ Gerard Cosmetics Vintage Rose

The swatches are very similar, with Vintage Rose being a tad bit warmer.


3️⃣ Mac Whirl

These are virtually the same colour, the only difference is the Kiss Proof is slightly warmer toned! I find that the Kiss Proof is also more creamy and easier to spread over the lips!


4️⃣ Urban Decay Rush

The main difference here is the finish, the Urban Decay colour is a high shine finish whereas the Kiss Proof is more matte. The colours are almost identical though!


Hope you guys enjoy these dupe posts, let me know if you'd like to see some more in the comments below :-) 


Do you have any sweet dupes you'd like to share? Tag me on Instagram, I'd love to see :-) 

Love & Hugs, Lora xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment