Sunday 19 June 2016

Skincare Sunday: Lush Cosmetic Warrior Mask Review

I picked up this mask a few weeks ago to try and eliminate my lingering breakout once and for all. The girl in the shop said that its good at calming the face down and that it cleanses deep into the skin.



Before we get into the review I'll let you know what skin type I have.
So I've literally got everything skin. I have oily areas and dry areas, as well as normal areas! 
I'm prone to small breakouts and I have many old acne scars around my jawline! 

And now that you know that, here's my review :-P

Consistency:
It's super thick and has little brown flakes of something up in there, I have no idea what they are and I hate putting them on my face! For no reason other than the fact that it feels gross! I'm immature really :-P


Closeup 😋


Scent:
Omg the smell... The girl in Lush told me it has garlic in it so the first thing I think is does it smell bad??? She said it's not too bad because the tea tree in it covers up most of the garlic smell... So I'm like ok let's give it a shot. 

I gave it a quite sniff in the shop and I was like yes it stinks but if it works I'll be able to look past that :-P

And omg does it smell! It's bearable though and after the first application I was able to zone out the smell! 

Still, be warned if you have a sensitive nose! 

Application:
This mask has to be kept in the fridge for freshness so it feels so nice when you put in on your face, very cooling and calming. 

It's thick so it doesn't go dripping anywhere which is good! 

Just look at that thickness :-P


It says to leave the mask on for about 10-15 minutes. It dries up mostly by that point so you definitely don't want to leave it on any longer than that...

The first time I tried it I left it for about 30 minutes and it started to flake off whenever I moved my face! 

Also, as there's tea tree in it some people might find it quite drying so definitely hit up your moisturiser after using this mask.

You can also use this mask as a spot treatment directly on the breakout area, that would definitely decrease the smells your gonna get hit with!

Removal:
It's actually quite tough to remove after it dries up on your face, it does need a bit of elbow grease to get some parts off, like around your nose, and definitely don't put it up near your hair line because it is so hard to get out of any little hairs it attaches itself to! 

Oh and I literally can't stand removing this, as soon as you hit it with the water it turns into a super slimey feeling on your face, and the smell comes back ten fold!

My verdict:
I know this has seemed like a pretty negative review so far but the WORST part about it is.... I love it. 

It works so well at calming my breakouts and it really does cleanse the skin. My skin feels so smooth and soft afterwards.

I've been using this mask one to two times a week and it's completely stopped any new breakouts from forming. It's even started to fade some of my old acne scars! 

It's worked wonders on my skin and that's why I've learned to look past all the nastiness!!! 

Would I recommend? 
If you think you can look past all the smells and the feels then definitely give it a go, especially if your prone to breakouts! 
It's full of really good natural ingredients like garlic, tea tree and honey which are all great at fighting spots. 

So I say give it a go... If you dare ;-) 


I hope you guys enjoyed my honest review! If you've tried this mask or have any suggestions for breakout prone skin then feel free to leave a comment below :-) 

Love & Hugs, Lora xo





No comments:

Post a Comment