Sunday 19 April 2015

They're Real Push Up Liner Review

So last weekend I went to a Benefit Master Class and just had to have this bad boy! 
I've heard so much about this eyeliner, good and bad! I just had to give it a go ;-) 


Before I begin I must admit, I do have some really good eyeliner days but I also have some seriously shocking eyeliner days too :-P 
But 90% of the time I will have liquid liner on with a nice flicked out wing so I'm not a complete novice at the whole eyeliner thing so keep that in mind ;-) 

The Packaging 
The tip itself is actually made of rubber and is flexible! It makes it so easy to move it around your eye and to get a thin line with!


To get the product out you have to twist the end of the tube a couple of times... I say a couple, it literally took me 20 twists the first time before I saw any product 😂 

Also, if you twist too many times during your application, the product does tend to build up on the edges of the tip and you have to wipe it away. This happened to me several times on my first application. Bit of a waste there. 
This is the absolute state of my finger after using this liner on just one eye...


The Product 
The product itself is quite thick, not at all watery like I was expecting. It's kind of like a mixture between a liquid eyeliner and a kohl pencil. It's jet black and comes out completely matte, which I LOVE.

The Application 
It applies so smooth and the rubber tip makes it so easy to get a really fine line and curve it to the natural shape of your eye.
The only trouble I had on my first application was that the edges of my liner didn't come out as crisp as I'd like them to be because of the excess product on the sides of the tip. 

Here is a pic of my first application...


As you can see, the edges are not as crisp as I'd like. Unfortunately this happened to me every time I've used it to date, which has been about 4 times... I'll get the hang of it one day 😆

The Removal
This product is notorious for being hard to remove, Benefit even have their own remover for this one! 
I used coconut oil to remove it and although it took a minute or two, it started to come off :-) 
I finished off with a light cleanser and the there was literally no traces of liner left :-)


So basically, it's hard to get the hang of if you've never used anything like this before but I do love it, like a lot ;-) 
Have any of you guys tried this liner? Leave a comment below or follow my Instagram @loraforever3 :-) 

Love & Hugs, Lora xo 




2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :) click > http://makeupbyspark.blogspot.ie/2015/05/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :) click > http://makeupbyspark.blogspot.ie/2015/05/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete