Wednesday 4 February 2015

How to do Gradient / Ombré nails


This method can be used with any colour pairings you like. I chose pink and purple to go with my Valentine's make up look in my previous post ;-) 



Step 1
Remove any polish from your nails and apply your base coat. Pick what colour you want your gradient to be, you can pick 2 or 3 colours. I chose 3 so that I could blend the colours better. 
These are the colours I chose...



Step 2
Once your base coat is dry, paint your nails the lightest colour of your gradient.



Step 3
Using a make up sponge, paint your 2 or 3 strips of colours in a line. Make sure the colours are slightly overlapping each other. 



Step 4
Pat the sponge onto your nail. Keep patting until you have covered the desired amount of nail.
It's ok if it gets on the skin around your nails, you can clean that up later :-)

Do one nail at a time, reapplying the colours to the sponge each time. 
Keep repeating this step until you get the colour payoff and vibrancy that you want.
As you can see from the picture, the first time I patted the sponge the colour payoff was too light for my liking, so I repeated another 2 times so get the end result :-) 



Step 5
Once your nails are completely dry, you can now clean up around the edges using cotton balls and nail varnish remover :-) 
Add a top coat to help blend the look of the colours even more. 
I added a matte top coat but you can add a shiny top coat too :-) 


Hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial, if you do recreate this feel free to tag me in your pictures on Instagram @loraforever3 :-) 

Love & Hugs, Lora xo


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous job on your nails! I haven't done ombre nails in so long lol! Great post!


    plovesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ombré nails are such a simple way of decorating your nails :-)

      Delete