Friday 12 June 2015

What's in My Summer Make up bag!

With the hotter weather fast approaching I thought it would be fun to show you guys what's in my Summer make up bag! Everything you see here is what I use to keep any shine under control as well as to keep me looking like a bronzed and glowing goddess! ;-)

Firstly I though I would show you my makeup bag. I got this in a magazine last summer and it's the perfect size for all my necessities :-)


The first thing I use to keep my skin matte and under control is the Porefessional Primer by Benefit. This is just my third sample of this primer, I will one day buy the full product but my tiny samples just last me so long!! It fills in my pores and keeps me shine and oil free all day. You can check out my review for it here ;-)


The foundation I find really good for keeping me matte all day is the Rimmel 25hr Lasting Finish foundation. This stuff lasts all day for me and doesn't break up on my skin. It's also very lightweight for such a full coverage foundation, and it never clings to any dry patches. It also gives a really dewy look to the skin when its not set with powder :-) And the best part is, it comes with SPF 20 ;)


Instead of powder I use the NXY matte setting spray for a more dewy finish. It keeps my skin from looking oily but it still has a bit of life to it and some dewiness. This trick works wonders for my dry patches as powder tends to cling to it and make it look 10 times worse!


For Bronzer I tend to gravitate to Benefit's Hoola as it is a perfect not-to-warm, not-to-cool brown tone that looks great on light skin tones. The one I own is a sample size and it has still lasted me so long. See, I haven't even hit pan yet in the 6 months I've had it ;-)


To hight light I use the hight light shade from the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette. I find the slight shimmery glow it leaves perfect for my skin tone. I also use the brown tones in this palette as a light crease colour for my no-make up make up days. So I get great use out of this palette!


My got to mascara in the summer is the Essence Get Big Lashes mascara in waterproof. Its fantastic at holding a curl in your lashes and I never get any fall out with it. And the brush is MASSIVE, which I always look for in a mascara :-)


For lips I either use my Nivea Raspberry lip balm or a nude/neutral shade like Pure Hollywood by Anastasia Beverly Hills (you can check out my review for this here) or number 03 Come Naturally by Essence.


My brow go to product for the Summer is Rimmel's Brow This Way. It gives such a natural tint to the brow hairs and holds them in place all day. It also never smudges or falls out so for such a cheap price it's absolutely amazing :-)


That's everything I keep in my make up bag over summer. You may have noticed that I didn't add blush, I can literally count the amount of times I've worn blush in the last few years! I'm just so not into blush, I only own 2 blushes!! :-) I hope you guys enjoyed this post and are having a fabulous week ;-) Feel Free to comment below with your go-to summer products!

Love & Hugs, Lora xo

1 comment:

  1. Isn't porefessional just amazing! I love it and the urban decay palette.

    Emelia x

    Infinite-disclosure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete