Saturday 20 June 2015

How to Organise & Display Jewellery

Over the next few weeks I will be re-organising my room one area at a time. I will show you guys my before and after pics and show you how I decided to organise and display my things :-) 

If your room/wardrobe is as crazy as mine then it is best to start with one small area at a time so that you don't overwhelm yourself! I decided to start with my jewellery :-) 

I have quite a bit of jewellery but I also had this massive jewellery box that took up so much of my cupboard space. I decided to get rid of it and make the most of the space I had :-) 

Here is the before picture... It's pretty crazy!
 
1⃣ The first thing I did was remove everything and give the area a good scrub. I then organised all of the items I took out into piles like KEEP, DONATE, and TRASH. 
I organised my keep pile into sections of bracelets, rings, earrings and necklaces. 

2⃣ To display my necklaces I hammered some push pins into the wall of my cupboard using a hard glass foundation bottle! You can use a hammer if you like but if your using a make-shift hammer make sure it's heavy and string enough to be used as a hammer and that  it won't break on you! 

Hammering the pins in is definitely the hardest and most time consuming part of this organisation, but so worth it! It completely frees up the floor space of the cupboard and also both organises and displays your necklaces at the same time ;-) 

I staggered the push pins on one side so that they were not completely in a line so that I could see each necklace. This is where I put my chunkier statement necklaces. 

On the other side I kept the pins in a line and hung my longer and delicate necklaces from here. I also added 3 pins in a vertical line to display my longer earrings, because I literally only have three!!


3⃣ To display my rings I used a cardboard dish that I got when I purchased a notebook, but you can use any dish or even a frame that you like. 

I separated my rings into silver and gold and put my midis at the front and my more chunky rings at the back :-) 

4⃣ To display my bracelets I used a cup and saucer that I got for Valentine's Day that I find way to cute to use!! 
I put some of my less used bracelets into the cup and put my only 2 watches on top! I draped my other bracelets around the cup and on the saucer. I love the way this looks!! 

5⃣ I also used push pins and a string tied around the pins to display my sunglasses. Make sure the string is strong enough to hold all of your sunglasses and that you tie it nice and tight to the push pins :-) 


6⃣ I added in some of my necklace boxes at the back that contain my expensive jewellery and some sentimental bits and behind those I put my earrings because I possibly only wear earrings like once in a blue moon! 

This is my final organisational display for all my jewellery :-) 

I love it! It's a definite better use of the space I have and now I can see everything I own clearly :-) 
I hope you guys enjoyed this first instalment of my journey to a more organised room. Don't forget to leave a comment below with your own tips and tricks for organising jewellery, I'd love to hear your ideas :-) 



Love & Hugs, Lora xo 

2 comments:

  1. Love that you added a before and after! Gorgeous collection you have!

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you are too sweet :-) xo

      Delete